Roommate Kendra has a job in Phoenix. When that occurred, I really thought she’d be moving out within months. I even initiated a conversation with her about lowering her rent, but she said she didn’t want to do that…
Well, okay – if you want to keep paying half of my mortgage without actually living with me, I guess that’s you’re choice.
The plan was for Kendra to come home every weekend, which she did for like one month. Now, she hasn’t been home since October.
Being that I haven’t lived alone for 6 ish years, I’m currently really amused at the changes in my behavior without Roommate Kendra around.
- I do the dishes once a week. I pile the sink to overflowing, so that the kitchen isn’t even functional, and then I do the dishes.
- I shower a lot less. I know it’s ridiculous, but I don’t think I’d shower much at all if it weren’t for my need to seem clean and presentable to others.
- I play a ton of video games.
- I listen to a lot of sermons playing on my cell phone.
- I go up and down the stairs to get exercise/sit at the top of the stairs/try to be a ninja /whatever…
At some point here, I think Kendra will tire of paying rent at a place where she doesn’t live. And I may need a replacement roommate. However, I’m feeling like I’m getting too old for this. It’s such a hassle getting used to another person and her habits…