I’ve gotten pretty bad about posting regularly lately, but you’ll have to forgive me because I’m now a home-owner. That’s right – buying a house is shockingly time-consuming, but I want you to know that I’m incandescently happy now that I’m in the house, and I will hopefully be a little less absent from the interwebs.
So… life update:
1. I’ve been attending a new bible study, which has been pretty spectacular thus far. We’re reading some J.I. Packer together, which fills my theology tank. Also, everyone is young and a little less depressing than those who attend the other bible studies offered at my church. Because they’re young, the world is their oyster and they aren’t afraid to hope. Since I’m rather walled off to the softer emotions involved in humanity, it’s good for me to be around others who aren’t… because the people I worship with will undoubtedly rub off on me a bit.
2. The Ragnar Relay is just around the corner, which means I need to get training and fund-raising. This year, we’re running Southern Cal, which is SOOOOOO exciting. Also, I ran my first trail race today… a 10K, and although I didn’t run it poorly, I definitely came in dead last. 😦 Forget the fact that there were only 11 people running my distance; last place sucks. So I need to get serious and train so as to feel awesome.
3. I’ve been enjoying teaching a bit again. For awhile there, I we pretty depressed about my job. It didn’t matter how well I taught, I looked at my students and wanted them all to go away. I was irritable, impatient, etc… and I probably wasn’t too much fun to be around. Teaching is super difficult, so I suppose I’m not all that upset with myself, but I’m glad to be upbeat again.
4. Big Bang Theory is pretty much the greatest TV show ever! I’m rather enjoying Leonard, Sheldon and Penny, and watching them reminds me that Phoenix Comicon is coming soon, and I need to get on making plans for that. 🙂
5. I’ve recently been reminded of how blessed I am to have friends… and not just friends, but REALLY good ones. I’ve been struggling lately with anxiety about stupid things and disappointment in my life. It’s not that I wish I had a hilltop mansion and a few ponies…. I just feel a little disillusioned. I’m less than I thought I was. I’m not good at the things I wish I was perfect at, and while I know it’s pretty normal for people to have flaws and imperfections, but I struggle to face myself unless I’m the best at everything. (Yes, it’s horrible vanity that I ever thought I was so completely awesome). But, as I look at the people who give of themselves to care for me, I’m forced to trust that I am loved regardless of the many ways I’m lacking. 🙂
I hope all is well with you, and that you’re gearing up for Rodeo Break next week… for those of you who aren’t aware, we Tucsonans DO NOT celebrate President’s Day with rest from work because we’d much rather have a few days off for the RODEO!