Well, dear readers, even though it is no longer January, and bloggers traditionally post this sort of thing the first week of the year, you’re going to have to put up with the fact that I’m slower than the rest of you. So, here are my resolutions:
1. Train myself to actually use those permanent grocery bags I keep buying. Also, register my Fry’s card so I can get discounts on gas.
2. Get a roommate, a man, or a puppy.
3. Finish the second draft of my manuscript and get some more feedback. Also, draft a query letter for it.
4. Take a gun safety class and get some experience shooting.
5. Keep alcohol in the house. Don’t hate – it’s not for me; I want to have it for the guests.
6. Do not pay more than $100 for the entire year on music, TV, DVDs, the Internet, etc…
7. Lose the obligatory 5 resolution lbs. and save a couple thousand $ for when my car gives up the ghost.
8. Go (or at least commit to an expedition/trip) to a country I’ve never been visited before OR jump out of an airplane OR raft the Grand Canyon.
9. Start giving blood again… and don’t go anywhere that would prohibit me from it.
10. Get neon colored running shoes!!!!!! (preferably Puma)
Now, for a completely different list. Here’s the list of things that happened last year and pleasantly surprised me:
1. Hiked the Grand Canyon rim-to-rim.
2. Rode horses in a Mexican jungle.
3. Observed two romances from beginning to “I do.” 🙂
4. Decided to buy a house… and even though I didn’t get it closed until this year, I consider the purchase to be an accomplishment of 2012.
5. Went on a couple of hot dates after something ridiculous like six years of not going on any… at least we’re headed in the right direction.
6. Got a new tattoo.
7. Ran three major races and learned to run to music 🙂
8. Didn’t give in to the Smart Phone, eReader trend.
9. Made friends at church who I could hang out with for the rest of my life and be glad about it… I thought I’d already discovered the only friends I’d ever trust and like that much.
10. Read more books than I’ve ever read in a year. 🙂