People love to ask teachers what we do during the summer. Most of the time it’s a fine question, but there is this tone that people sometimes get that makes me want to drop them into a vat of boiling magma – or maybe that crazy metal that Wolverine’s blades are made from.
Anyways, as you can probably tell, I spend a lot of the summer writing, catching up with neglected friends, playing video games (I swear I’m eventually going to beat ASSASSIN’S CREED; I’m SO close!) and drinking coffee. I also tend to cook real food a lot more frequently, do yoga and go for runs, and the past two summers, I’ve been all artistic with painting on real canvases and whatnot.
Also, I go through all of my crap every work break and get rid of as much as I can.
Last year, I got rid of my clown collection because my friends let me know that it was creepy. Forget the fact that my Mommy gave me my first ever clown (didn’t get rid of that one).
This year I thought I’d give you a list of the items I got rid of…. sorry I didn’t take pictures.
1. 33 trophies, plaques, and medals from the glory days.
2. Eeyore Halloween costume
3. Sock Monkey Footie PJs
4. School-girl uniform and blood-covered white tennies… I may have dressed up as Gogo from KILL BILL for Halloween two years ago and had an epic street fight involving my home-made chain mace.
5. Doggie stairs (no climbing on the bed for my beast anymore… she might fall off and break a hip)
6. Pink back pack from high school
7. Overnight backpacking backpack from the Grand Canyon hike 6 or 7 years ago
8. Hiking boots
9. 20 or so stuffed animals
10. 1 diaper
You might not believe that list, but I assure you I’m not making any oif it up. ALL true.
What I thought about getting rid of, but kept:
2 prom dresses that still fit & 3 MVP trophies 🙂
I promise I’ll have a post for you with pictures coming up soon. Until then, have a lovely day!